Multi-Function Activity Bus
Built on the proven steel cage safety structure bus platform, the all-new 2015 Activity Bus offers a break from the old fashioned “school bus” design of the past and adds more floor to ceiling height, larger windows, available overhead bins, and all models meet National Transportation Safety Board highway safety requirements. A variety of floor plans are available, including paratransit wheelchair lift equipped models.
Activity Bus Features & Specifications
Standard Interior Features
- Safety yellow entry stanchions
- 4 speakers & 6 courtesy lights
- Drivers switch console
- Track seating
- OEM chassis – AM/FM stereo
- Black floor rubber
- White step nosing
- Driver’s 6″ x 9″ mirror
- White Filon interior
- Rear door lock w/interlock
Standard Exterior Feature
- 24″ x 36″ windows – 31% tint
- Rear emergency door
- 6.75″ x 9.75″ flat & 6″ x 3.5″ convex mirrors
- White steel rubrails
- White exterior colored body
- Heavy duty rear bumper (10 ga.)
- Front and rear mud flaps
- Body undercoating
- Back-up alarm
- Cross-view mirrors
- SUBFLOOR – 12-gauge steel superstructure fully welded with floor-level Z-rails, incorporated with chassis-rubber ride capabilities.
- FLOORING – 3/4″ FRP underlayment with undercoating. Floor covered with 1/8″ transit rubber. Formed galvaneal steel heat shields over chassis, catalytic converter, and muffler.
- SIDEWALLS – 1″ Polyurethane foam insulation (R-7) enclosed within a fully laminated assembly. Ladder-framed sidewalls are fully welded of 14-gauge steel. Exterior sidewall skins are .024″ galvanized steel with baked-enamel paint finish.
- ROOFING – Roof framing is a fully welded assembly utilizing formed steel hat sections of 14 gauge and 18 gauge for the cross-members and roll bars of which are on 24″ centers-front, center, and rear of the vehicle. A fiberglass radius panel then covers the roof of a one piece design. The exterior has a 3/16″ thickness. A layer of Astro-foil insulation is placed between the exterior and interior roof panels.
- WINDOWS – st windows installed to meet FMVSS 217 requirements. Operator’s curbside window AS-2 rated.
- ENTRY – Spacious entry (32″ x 83″ clear opening) doors that operate manually. The 14-gauge steel door frames are fully welded and powder-coated to enhance durability. Door panels have one piece glass panels for the best possible driver’s visibility. White step nosing and lighted stepwell standard. Entrance grab rail (left side).
- ELECTRICAL – Wiring is color-coded with the number and function designated every 12″ on the wire, to enable identification and circuit trace ability. Only premium components built to meet the Society of Automotive Engineers (S.A.E.) and Underwriters Laboratories (U.L.) requirements are used. Electronic control console switch panel.
- Ford Commercial Cutaway
- 138″ & 158″ wheel base
- 5.4L & 6.8L gas engine/6.0L diesel engine
- 5-speed automatic transmission
- 11,500 lb, 14,050 lb, & 14,500 lb GVWR
- 47S school bus package
- OEM driver’s seat
- Dual rear wheels
- AM/FM stereo
- (6) LT 225/75RX16E/B tires
- 50 state emissions
- Power brakes/power steering
- 155 amp alternator
- 40 gallon fuel tank
- Level 1 Seat Cover for Driver Seat
- 14 Rigid Mid-High Rear Seats w/Level 1 Fabric and Non-Retractable Seat Belts
- Non-directional weave cloth: side, rear and ceiling
- Integrated 45K BTU Auxiliary A/C with Heater Coil
- Steel Cage Construction w/insulated walls & roof
- Gerflor Graphite Flooring Under Seats & Aisle
- Solid Glass Windows, including Egress
- Electric Passenger Entry Door w/lights & LH Grab Rail
- Safety Convenience Package: Includes Back Up Alarm, Fire Extinguisher, Undercoat & Decals
- Briefcase Rack in Co-Pilot Seat Area
- LED Stop/Tail/Turn, Marker/Clearance Lamps
- Exterior width – 101″
- Exterior height – 119″
- First step to ground – 12″ second- and third-step riser – 9″ max.
- Step tread depth – 9.5″ max.
- Entrance clear opening – 32″ x 83″ min.
- Interior width at seat level– 93″
- Center aisle headroom – 82″
- Stainless steel wheel inserts
- Luggage Storage areas (interior luggage racks, rear storage area)
- Rear emergency door with window(s)
- Passenger grab rails
- Rear floor heaters
- Complete rubber flooring
- Dual compressor rear air conditioning system with higher cooling capacity
- Audio and video systems
- High back seats
- ADA wheelchair lifts and securement systems
- 12-month/12,000-mile with five-year
- 75,000-mile warranty on body structure