President Freightliner Diesel Engine Tour Bus: The Economical Choice for Large Transport Needs
The President Freightliner is the superior choice for public transportation, resort and hotel shuttles, day-tour operators and any business with special transport needs. Featuring a Cummins ISB electronic diesel engine and an Allison 2200 PTS automatic transmission, the President delivers smooth, precise shifting, a comfortable ride for passengers, as well as optimal fuel economy.
President Features & Specifications
- Engine: Cummins ISB 6.7L Diesel
- Horsepower: 240 HP
- Transmission: Allison 2200 PTS
- GVWR: 26,000 lbs.
- Alternator: 270 amp Leece Neville
- Brakes: Bosch hydraulic pin-slide disc, front and rear WABCO hydraulic ABS (4) channel
- Suspension: Front: Taper-leaf spring, 7,000 lbs, Rear: 52″ variable-rate multi-leaf spring 12,500 lbs.
- Frame: 5/16″ x 3″ x 10 1/8″ 50 kpsi
- Fuel Tank: 60 gallon mounted between the rails
- Tires: Goodyear G149 245/75R22.5 14-ply
- Axles: Front: AAC AF-08.0-2, 8,000 lbs. FC1
- Rear: AAC ARS 13-2, 13,000 lbs.
- Dash: New automotive-styled ergonomically designed dash, Odometer/trip, hour/diagnostic/voltage display, LED backlights on switches and gauges for longer life, Integral driver cup holders
- Wiring: Fully multiplex electrical system with body-builder-ready electrical drop for ADA wiring
- Hood: Torsion bar assisted for easy opening, Composite head lamps with brighter beam pattern, Integrated turn signals
- Bumper: Three piece steel bumper standard, Optional plastic ends for integrated fog lights, Optional single piece or chrome
- Battery Box: Frame mounted battery box with sliding tray
- Additional: Daylight running lights, Cruise control and programmable high idle, Chrome grille and headlight bezels
- Cummins® ISB electronic diesel engine reduces operating costs but also provides a fine balance of low-end acceleration and high-end torque.
- Allison® 2200 PTS automatic transmission delivers smooth, precise shifting and optimal fuel economy.
- Taper-leaf front suspension provides a smooth ride.
- Multi-leaf rear suspension minimizes the effects of potholes and bumps.
- Freightliner’s exceptional 55-degree wheel cut increases maneuverability, making it much easier to negotiate tight turns and cramped spaces.
- Durable, heavy-duty steel frame rails reduce flex and bowing, minimize coach stress and keep driver and passengers comfortable.
- The tilt/telescoping steering column is controlled by foot-lever release, so hands stay on the wheel. A see-through steering reservoir makes checking and filling easy. The steering shaft is lube-free.
- 60-gallon rectangular steel fuel tank mounted between the rails.
- Bosch® hydraulic pin-slide disc brakes with Meritor® WABCO hydraulic four-channel ABS delivers reliable, uniform stopping power and better steering control in emergency situations.
- The sloped hood helps ensure excellent forward visibility. Torsion-bar assistance lets you open the hood with minimum exertion. The hood tilts forward, allowing easy engine access.